University of Wisconsin-Madison graduate programs are ranked among the nation’s best in the 2016 edition of U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Graduate Schools.”
“This is terrific news for all of our graduate students, including those who enroll in programs designed to fit within their busy work and life schedules. At UW-Madison, you know you’re enrolling in highly regarded graduate programs, so there is no need to sacrifice quality for convenience,” said Jeffrey S. Russell,
Vice Provost for Lifelong Learning and dean of Continuing Studies. “Our part-time MBA and online Engineering degrees — two well-established programs — fared especially well in this year’s rankings. We’re proud of all the graduate programs, and look forward to adding more flexible and online learning options.”
Not all programs are ranked every year. Below is a listing of U.S. News and World Report 2016 rankings by school/college, with the corresponding degree and certificate programs offered in online, hybrid, evening/weekend, or accelerated formats.
Wisconsin School of Business: tied for 33rd overall. Tied for 20th for part-time MBA program.
- Actuarial Science Capstone Certificate
- Business: General Management: Evening MBA
- Business: General Management: Executive MBA
School of Education: fifth overall. Ranked specialties include administration and supervision (second), counseling and personnel services (fourth), curriculum/instruction (first), education policy (fourth), educational psychology (first), elementary education (second), higher education administration (11th), secondary education (fourth), and special education (sixth). Curriculum/instruction has been ranked first for 15 years running.
- Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis: Cooperative Program with UW-Whitewater M.S.
- Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis: Global Higher Education M.S.
- Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis: Wisconsin Idea Executive Cohort Ph.D.
- Educational Psychology: Professional Educators M.S.
College of Engineering: 14th overall. Ranked specialties include chemical engineering (sixth), industrial and manufacturing engineering (10th), nuclear engineering (third), and best online program (sixth).
- Civil & Environmental Engineering: Environmental Engineering M.Eng.
- Electrical Engineering: Power Engineering M.S.
- Engineering: Engine Systems M.Eng.
- Engineering: Engineering Management M.Eng.
- Engineering: Sustainable Systems Engineering M.Eng.
- Mechanical Engineering: Controls M.S.
- Mechanical Engineering: Polymer Science M.Eng.
Health disciplines: Tied for first for rehabilitation counseling.
- Communication Sciences & Disorders Capstone Certificate
- Consumer Health Advocacy Capstone Certificate
- Global Health Capstone Certificate
- Infant, Early Childhood & Family Mental Health Capstone Certificate
- Nursing (BSN@home) B.S.
- Post Graduate Psychiatric Nursing Capstone Certificate
- Social Work: Part-Time MSW
School of Veterinary Medicine: Fifth for veterinary medicine.
Law School: 31st.
School of Medicine and Public Health: ninth for primary care, 28th in research. Ranked specialties include family medicine (tied for fifth) and rural medicine (tied for sixth).
- Biotechnology M.S.
- Clinical Investigation M.S.
- Clinical and Community Outcomes Research Capstone Certificate
- Fundamentals of Clinical Research Capstone Certificate
- Physician Assistant Studies: Community Based PA Program MPAS