Is this program right for you?
The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Transition to Executive Management certificate program is for senior managers, directors, and functional area leaders who have high potential to transition to senior management. It’s also valuable for senior leaders or entrepreneurs of companies with growth potential.
Offered by the Center for Professional & Executive Development, you’ll learn in a face-to-face environment with leaders from diverse backgrounds and instructors who combine academic rigor with practical experience. A nine-day certificate program in three sessions. Each session takes place over three consecutive days at Madison’s Fluno Center.
In learning session one, you’ll identify the traits associated with high-performing leaders and acquire a deep understanding of how to analyze and align corporate and financial strategy as well as understanding potential impacts of global economic trends on your company. In learning session two, you’ll develop skills in financial reporting, managing people including cross-functional teams, and learn how to influence key stakeholders, and align unit and divisional activities and goals with the broader organizational strategy. In learning session three, you’ll gain skills in negotiations, operational management, and collaborative integration to assist in executing your company’s strategy effectively and efficiently.
The Transition to Executive Management certificate program is the perfect alternative to a complete master of business administration. It allows you to cultivate the skills you’ll use on a daily basis in your managerial role.
What you Learn
- Understand how to increase shareholder value through analysis and evaluation of capital projects
- Learn which emerging macroeconomic themes pose the most risk and reward in the next 3 to 5 years
- Grasp the boundaries and expectations that drive team-oriented success
- Recognize the value of managerial discretion in the determination of your company’s key financial measures and information environment
- Identify and assess internal partnerships, establish influence, and build interdepartmental support for decisions
- Learn how to develop, guide, and maintain fundamental process improvement
Where & How you learn
- Face-to-face in full-day sessions at Madison’s Fluno Center
- Participate in a nine-day certificate program – three sessions over the course of three months
All applicants must:
- Have 5 to 10 years of business experience in a management or leadership role
Register and learn more about the Transition to Executive Management certificate program.