Is this program right for you?
By building on your knowledge of online teaching, this fully online program offers practical and tested strategies, tools, and techniques to help you plan and develop sound, well-informed online learning experiences.
The certificate program consists of eight courses delivered in three phases over approximately 20 weeks. The curriculum features both collaborative coursework and self-paced learning culminating in the creation of an ePortfolio in which you’ll demonstrate what you’ve learned about developing and teaching online courses. Your ePortfolio is yours to keep and can be used to demonstrate what you’ve learned and can be shared with current or potential employers.
Throughout the program, you’ll share your ideas with other professionals through online discussion forums and build a collaborative online learning community. Teachers and trainers at all levels tell us that this online learning experience has strengthened their own online and face-to-face teaching abilities.
What you Learn
- Strategies for writing learning objectives
- Basics of online instructional design
- How to apply active learning principles to online activity design
- Strategies for developing and managing online discussions
- Principles for designing online assessments
Where & How you learn
- Complete 8 online courses in 3 phases during a 20-week period
- Share ideas with other professionals in the field through online discussion boards and get expert feedback on your work
- Create a professional ePortfolio to showcase your work