Is this program right for you?
If you are seeking to advance your career in the field of nursing home/long-term care administration, the Nursing Home Administration course at UW-Madison will address a broad range of issues related to long-term care to help prepare you to enter the field of long-term care administration. This is the correspondence version of the online certificate with the same content and timeline. The course fulfills the State of Wisconsin’s requirements for taking Wisconsin’s Nursing Home Administrators (NHA) licensing exam. If you plan to sit for the NHA exam, this course is right for you.
In the Nursing Home Administration course you will gain knowledge in a wide range of long-term care topics including ethics, pharmaceutical and dietary services, finance, legislation, leadership and more. Successful candidates will understand the facts, concepts and practice skills necessary to become an effective nursing home administrator.
This highly accessible correspondence course allows you to complete the lectures and assignments on a schedule that is convenient for you. You will learn from professionals with advanced practice expertise and experience and benefit from UW-Madison’s depth of resources that will help you better understand quality long-term care. You may begin the course at any time and you must complete it within one year of registration, at which time you will be ready to take the NHA licensing exam and enter the field of long-term care administration.
What you Learn
- Fulfill requirements for taking the NHA licensing exam
- Understand a broad range of issues related to the field of long-term care
- Identify and understand the basics of management and the needs of elderly residents
- Recognize the professional development needs of nursing home administrators
Where & How you learn
- Independent-study correspondence course
- You may start the correspondence course at any time and you are expected to complete the course within one year of registration
- Complete 12 hour-long audio lectures (available online as digital files) and corresponding materials
- Students will mail assignments to instructor for review
- Assignments are mailed back to students with instructor feedback
Register now or learn more about theNursing Home Administration Licensure Preparation Course.