Is this program right for you?
Are complex problems bogging down your business? Are redundant and inaccurate data systems making life miserable for you and your customers? Take the first step toward an integrated approach to business problem-solving with the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate.
The UW-Madison’s Center for Professional & Executive Development Lean Six Sigma is a step-by-step process of interventions and statistical tools that allows companies to create dramatic performance improvements. The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate is a three-day course that examines case examples in service, healthcare, and manufacturing.
You’ll work on your own business challenges during class, using Lean Six Sigma methods. You will leave with the ability to immediately make breakthrough changes in your organization.
This course is valuable to anyone who seeks to identify and remove root-cause process problems that slow down systems and create inefficiencies. Individuals and teams in the areas of project management, process improvement, operations, and business analysis will find it particularly valuable.
You learn in a full-day, face-to-face environment with students from diverse backgrounds and instructors who combine academic rigor with practical experience. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be Six Sigma Yellow Belt certified by the University of Wisconsin and ready to begin your Green Belt certification.
What you Learn
- Use Six Sigma tools to achieve breakthroughs in quality and cost reduction
- Reduce or eliminate time-based inefficiencies in transactional processes
- Achieve both bottom-line and “soft” cost savings
- Gain a full understanding of what Six Sigma is and how to implement it through the DMAIC model
- Learn methods to break down your most difficult processes and rebuild them with less variance and waste
- Learn how to integrate Six Sigma with waste elimination, the basis of Lean models
- Communicate the value of your Six Sigma process improvements to gain buy-in from both upper management and staff
- Overcome the barriers to process optimization
Where & How you learn
- Face-to-face in full-day sessions at the Fluno Center on the UW-Madison campus
- Take the 3-day course Business Process Improvement Using Lean Six Sigma and Performance Metrics
- The course is offered multiple times per year
To register and learn more visit program website.