Is this program right for you?
The Foundations of Management Certificate offered by the Center for Professional & Executive Development helps jumpstart your career if you’re new to managing people, expect to become a manager within the next year, or simply want to brush up on your management skills. You’ll come away with a new set of tools to tackle your upcoming challenges.
The courses include self-assessments, case studies, peer-to-peer learning, and action plans to improve individual and team performance that you can implement immediately back at work. You learn in a full-day, face-to-face environment with students from diverse backgrounds and instructors who combine academic rigor with practical experience.
You’ll begin with a 1-week Transition to Manager Boot Camp to master the essential conversations and problem-solving necessary for getting the best out of your team. The next step is Managing Teams Effectively, a 2-day course that sharpens your communication and facilitation skills.
After that, you choose an elective among two- or three-day courses such as Change Management and Coaching and Motivating in the Workplace. All courses are offered multiple times per year, so you can fit them into your schedule as time allows.
The Foundations of Management Certificate helps you grow from an employee who does good work to a manager who can get good work out of a whole team.
What you Learn
- Skills associated with a successful transition to the role of a manager
- Increase your effectiveness as a team leader
- Improve communication and workflow in your organization
Where & How you learn
- Face-to-face in full-day sessions at the Fluno Center on the UW-Madison campus
- Take the 1-week Transition to Manager boot camp, the 2-day Managing Teams Effectively, and a 2- or 3-day elective
- Each course is offered multiple times per year, and the certificate can be completed within a 7 year timeframe
- Courses may be taken individually to meet business needs
To register or learn more visit program website.