Is this program right for you?
Working professionals with an intermediate to advanced command of Spanish will deepen their language skills while learning about business etiquette and creating professional documents in the UW-Madison’s Business Spanish Certificate Program.
The 2-course program offers flexibility in both time and content. It also provides hands-on work in communicating via email, text messages, telephone and Skype, which will enable you be more effective in conducting business and negotiating cross-culturally.
Business Spanish 1 allows your online cohort three months to work though 10 informative lessons with guidance and weekly feedback from your instructor and interaction with other participants from around the nation and the world.
Business Spanish 2 has two 6-week modules. The first focuses on “Effective Interviewing for Jobs or Partnerships,” and the second is a customized project aimed at your specific interests.
The courses present real-life situations, help you to respond professionally and interpret the cross-cultural situation that you might face.
The Business Spanish Certificate Program is well-suited to business and NGO professionals, entrepreneurs, those looking to expand their career opportunities, those interested in international business and undergraduates who want to gain a foothold in a competitive global market.
What you Learn
- Strengthen Spanish skills and adapt them to business situations
- Acquire knowledge of business etiquette and the culture of business in Spanish-speaking nations
- Gain real-life experience in communicating via email, text messages, phone calls and Skype
Where & How you learn
- Complete the 2-course online program in as little as 6 months, or take time off between courses
- Business Spanish 1 begins with a cohort in September and March
- Business Spanish 2 can begin anytime after finishing Business Spanish 1
Register and learn more about the Business Spanish Certificate Program.