Is this program right for you?
UW-Madison’s Advanced Management & Leadership Certificate helps those with management experience make the leap to managing managers. It’s ideal for leaders seeking to build high-performing teams, managers who face strategic challenges and opportunities, and managers responsible for department-wide transitions.
The courses offered by the Center for Professional & Executive Development include self-assessments, case studies, peer-to-peer learning, and action plans to improve individual and team performance that you can implement immediately back at work. They’re offered multiple times per year so you can easily fit them into your schedule.
You learn in a full-day, face-to-face environment with fellow managers from diverse backgrounds and instructors who combine academic rigor with practical experience.
You’ll begin with How to Influence Without Direct Authority to learn how effective managers use persuasion to get the job done. You continue with Business Acumen and Strategy for Managers; Project Facilitation, Consulting, and Meeting Management; and Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Professionals.
To complete the certificate, you’ll choose 2 electives from courses such as Change Management and Effective Negotiations in the Workplace. The wide range of electives allows you to customize the certificate to meet your unique needs.
A manager of managers needs to understand every part of an organization, and the Advanced Management & Leadership Certificate helps you develop that expertise. It will identify you as a high performer, ready to step up to the next tier.
What you Learn
- Examine how managers cultivate positive relationships to improve performance
- Develop business acumen
- Learn to manage teams effectively
- Master the financial language of business
Where & How you learn
- Face-to-face in full-day sessions at the Fluno Center on the UW-Madison campus
- Take 4 required courses and 2 electives
- Each course is offered multiple times per year, and the certificate can be completed within a 7 year timeframe
- Courses may be taken individually to meet business needs
Learn more and register for the Advanced Management & Leadership Certificate.