Is this program right for you?
Ranked 15th among public Executive MBA programs by The Economist, the UW-Madison Executive MBA program is for extremely motivated leaders with significant business experience. Nearly 80% of our Executive MBA students have advanced their career during our program or upon graduation.
As an Executive MBA student, you will grow your career, your expertise, and your network. The Wisconsin Executive MBA delivers core business principles, knowledge, and skills that are immediately relevant to your work place.
Classes meet every other Friday and Saturday, and you will work with a single cohort of professionals, combining expertise and knowledge. Learn from globally recognized faculty and gain a solid academic foundation that will change the way you think about business. Infused with current issues and theory, our courses take you to the cutting edge of leadership practices.
Our low student-to-faculty ratio, along with the intense connections that our cohort model fosters, provides a community that is as invested in your success as you are in theirs. The camaraderie and passion you will find is unparalleled. You will graduate with an invaluable network that will enrich and sustain you throughout your business career.
What you learn
- Apply concepts of leadership and strategic business management
- Synthesize knowledge of marketing, accounting, economics, finance, management, strategy, law, and operations
Where & how you learn
- Attend classes on campus every other Friday and Saturday for 20 months
- In the spring of your second year, travel as part of a global learning experience that will expand your knowledge and experience in international business practices
- Enter with a tight cohort and complete your program together
- Work in small teams on projects that develop and apply your skills in real-world situations
All applicants must:
- Have completed an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or university
- Have a target undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Have a target of eight years of professional work experience, with target of five years in leadership
- Show an excellent record in professional endeavors and a high potential for future advancement
- Be willing to participate in intensely interactive classes, team meetings, and individual study
- Have the maturity and motivation to make a two-year commitment
- Provide a work release from your employer for class hours that run concurrently with work hours