Is this program right for you?
The Capstone Certificate of Professional French Studies from UW-Madison enables you to develop career-specific language skills alongside students in the Professional French Master’s Program. Graduates often go on to careers in which fluency in French and effective communication styles are critical assets.
If you can speak and write comfortably in French, the Capstone Certificate of Professional French Studies will help you develop a specialized professional niche through an interdisciplinary curriculum. In addition to advanced classes in French, the program offers specialization in one of six concentration areas: business, education, European Union affairs, international development, international education, and media/arts/cultural production.
The program prepares you to use your French in practical, real-world settings while advancing your career. A central part of the program is the required internship in a French-speaking country or region, in your field. Program internships range from France to Quebec to Cameroon to the Congo.
What you learn
- Obtain fluency in work-ready French
- Acquire detailed knowledge and skills in your concentration area
- Gain a greater sensitivity to social and cultural differences
Where & how you learn
- Accelerated, face-to-face
- Work with a small cohort and alongside master’s students who are in the Professional French Masters Program
- Gain hands-on skills working in an international internship in your chosen field